COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In keeping with the best practices of the pet care industry and with provincial guidelines, Paw Patrol has devised the following policies to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- We will always be masked when we are in our clients’ homes. No exceptions.
- We will touch as few surfaces as possible in the home; e.g., doorknobs and countertops, as well as limit our contact with pet supplies (leashes, food and water bowls).
- We will disinfect the leashes after each walk.
- We will sanitize our hands after each walk.
- We will wash our hands frequently throughout the day.
- If the pet parents are home while we are there, we will limit our interaction with them and will be certain to maintain physical distancing by standing (6 feet/2 metres) apart.
- Similarly, when walking dogs, we will maintain a distance of 6 feet/2 metres from other people and will seek uncrowded routes and areas to help reduce contact with other people and their pets. Note that Paw Patrol has always maintained a no-contact walk policy; to ensure our dog customers’ safety, we always avoid interactions with other people and dogs and do not visit dog parks.